The world is facing agrarian as well as nutritional challenges in this fast-paced era. However, this very pace has also led to the advent of technology in agriculture, helping grow sustainable crops as substitutes to meet world hunger. Millets as climate change crops score highly over other grains like wheat and rice in nutritional value and their contribution to sustainability.
In a monsoon-reliant country like India, the foray into Millets farming can be a boon to farmers. Crops such as rice and sugarcane have emerged as crops requiring intense water. Millets can be a solution to this problem as they grow on shallow soils with less water consumption.
Foxtail Millet (Thinai Arisi) is one of the earliest cultivated crops, extensively grown in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan and other economically developed countries where it is used as bird feed. It contains significant levels of protein, fiber, mineral and phytochemicals.
Here’s why Organic, unpolished Foxtail Millet must be a part of your meal:
- Foxtail Millet is gluten-free. Therefore, it helps in improving digestion, increases energy level and helps in maintaining cholesterol levels. These millets also help you eliminate viruses and germs in the body.
- Organic Thinai Arisi is high in calcium which is very important for maintaining your bone health.
- Eating foxtail millets in the form of sprouts help fight diseases such as osteoporosis and could reduce the risk of fracture.
- Saaral Foxtail Millet helps in improving digestion, increases energy level and helps in maintaining cholesterol levels.
- It is high in antioxidants (mainly Tryptophan and amino acids) helps in fighting diseases and building immunity. It works amazingly in curing disorders like insomnia and migraine.
- Studies have revealed that high fiber in Thinai Arisi helps prevent breast cancer in women.
- This millet supplies an adequate amount of iron which is essential for brain oxygenation and prevents Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- It contains Tryptophan – an amino acid that gets digested at a slower rate, thus keeping one away from consuming extra calories in their diet.
- It helps regulate blood pressure, thus reducing the chances of blockage in the heart that might lead to cardiac arrest or stroke. It also helps in the reduction of LDL levels in the body.
- These Millets are easy to cook and can be adapted to various Indian recipes. It is generally cooked as porridge for breakfast. You can also add it to bread, muffins or granola for extra crunch.
Foxtail millet or Thinai arisi is one of the widely grown species of millet. It has the longest history of cultivation amongst millets in India. It also holds a solution to major lifestyle problems faced by today’s generation. The lack of awareness about Thinai arisi or Foxtail millet amongst people is a reason for its lack of popularity. In economically developed countries, this millet is predominantly used as bird feed. The increase in lifestyle-related problems has led to the introduction of food curators and chefs who have incorporated obscure millets such as Thinai (foxtail) to create products like breakfast cereals, and snack bars to attract and promote consumption.
We, at Saaral Foods, are committed to bringing you nothing but the finest and the best Organic Foxtail Millet. To add this nutritional powerhouse to your diet, buy Thinai Arisi online store, today! https://www.saaralstore.com/products/saaral-native-rice-millets-foxtail-millets-each-500gms-combo-pack-of-3-foxtail-millet